Pine Wood PropertiesFind below the properties of pine wood:
- Botanical name:Pinus strobus
- Types: White Pine and Yellow Pine
- Color & Appearance: Pine is a soft, white or pale yellow wood. Color, texture and grain of pinewood are highly diverse. It is almost impossible to find an exact match of wood color and pattern even if these are taken from two standing trees that grew side by side. As the tree gets older, the color of its wood turns deeper.
- Physical features: Pine wood is light weight, straight grained and lacks figure. It resists shrinking and swelling. Knotty pine is often used for decorative effect.
- Uses:Pine is often used for country or provincial furniture. Pickled, whitened, painted and oil finishes are often used on this wood.